Friday, May 03, 2013

Marilyn Monroe Imortalised

via.
I am probably one of a few women who can say they have never really been a Marilyn Monroe fan.
I'm not sure why it is, but I just never really got into her films. Ginger Rogers, yes. Audrey Hepburn, yes. Marilyn Monroe, not feeling it. After seeing the film My Week With Marilyn I did warm to her somewhat; having seen what she had gone through.

However, there is one thing about her I can't deny appreciating - her iconic style.
I have been known to dress up as her at parties...


 ...as her very distinct style makes for an easy and effective costume.


The other day I came across these fantastic limited edition Marilyn Monroe dolls by artist Kim Goodwin. Do you know of any die hard Marilyn fans that would love one of these for their mantelpiece?

originals via.
See more of the iconic dolls here.

Marilyn's hourglass figure and classic style will be an inspiration to women for years to come, even if they don't appreciate her films.

Speaking of style, I have 30 days left before I am off on my adventure overseas, and it is so hard deciding which clothes to pack! I will have to do a post on that for you all.

I hope you are looking forward to joining me on my adventure via this blog.

x


ps.  Did you know Truman Capote had Marilyn Monroe in mind for his Breakfast at Tiffanys' Holly Golightly? But Marilyn's contract was with another film company so couldn't do the part.

pps. A blog post I wrote at work on 18 Free Mother's Day Printables

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...